Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Who would be the journalist from Transnistria, detained in the case of the Ukrainians’ contract killings

    20 February 2026

    Images of Sandu and Snegur, used by scammers to promote false “investments”. Authorities warn: It’s a fraud

    20 February 2026

    A journalist from the separatist television station in Tiraspol is implicated in contract killings in Ukraine.

    20 February 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    DISINFO.MD
    • Moldova
    • Foreign Affairs
    • Reviews
    • Analysis
    • Stopfake
    • English
      • Romanian
    DISINFO.MD
    Prima pagină » Putin’s proposal to maintain limits on nuclear weapons, approved by Trump: „It’s a good idea”
    Foreign Affairs

    Putin’s proposal to maintain limits on nuclear weapons, approved by Trump: “It’s a good idea”

    7 October 2025
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email VKontakte Telegram WhatsApp Copy Link
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Copy Link

    The initiative of the Russian leader Vladimir Putin to voluntarily maintain limits on deployed strategic nuclear weapons “seems like a good idea,” said US President Donald Trump, quoted by Reuters. Putin announced last month that Moscow is willing to continue to respect the limits provided by the New START agreement from 2010, which expires in February 2026, provided that the United States does the same.

    The document limits the size of the world’s largest nuclear arsenals – those of the USA and Russia.

    “I think it’s a good idea,” Trump told reporters, as he left the White House, when asked about the Kremlin’s proposal.

    Russia’s Ambassador to the UN, Vassily Nebenzia, recently stated that Moscow is still waiting for an official response from Washington regarding Putin’s suggestion to voluntarily extend the nuclear limits.

    A possible agreement on the continuation of restrictions on strategic weapons would contrast with the increasing tensions between the two powers, against the backdrop of Russian drone incursions into NATO space and the continuous delivery of Western weapons to Ukraine.

    In a video message broadcast on Sunday, Vladimir Putin issued a direct warning to Washington, stating that the delivery of long-range Tomahawk missiles to Ukraine could lead to a total breakdown in bilateral relations.

    “This will lead to the destruction of our relations or, at least, of the positive trends that have appeared in these relations,” said the Russian leader.

    US Vice President JD Vance confirmed that Kiev’s request to receive Tomahawk missiles is under review, but emphasized that a final decision has not yet been made.

    An American official, quoted by Reuters, pointed out that the transfer of these missiles would be difficult, as the current stocks are reserved for the US Navy. Tomahawk missiles have a range of about 2,500 kilometers, which would place all of European Russia within their range if they were supplied to Ukraine.

    #nuclear #trump Путин
    Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email VKontakte Telegram Copy Link WhatsApp

    Related Posts

    Convicted for leaflets with anti-Putin messages, he died in detention

    20 February 2026

    Nationalization halted in court: a new case where a Russian billionaire saves his assets

    20 February 2026

    Putin wants companies to encourage employees to have more children

    20 February 2026

    High-level corruption case in Russia: assets worth over 200 million euros transferred to the state

    20 February 2026

    Who would be the journalist from Transnistria, detained in the case of the Ukrainians’ contract killings

    20 February 2026

    Images of Sandu and Snegur, used by scammers to promote false “investments”. Authorities warn: It’s a fraud

    20 February 2026

    A journalist from the separatist television station in Tiraspol is implicated in contract killings in Ukraine.

    20 February 2026

    The EU Ambassador and the Bulgarian one have slammed the door in the face of Șor’s man, who remained in charge of Taraclia.

    20 February 2026

    Convicted for leaflets with anti-Putin messages, he died in detention

    20 February 2026
    DISINFO.MD
    © 2026 Disinfo. All Rights Reserved. Dezvoltat de Disinfo.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.