Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Who would be the journalist from Transnistria, detained in the case of the Ukrainians’ contract killings

    20 February 2026

    Images of Sandu and Snegur, used by scammers to promote false “investments”. Authorities warn: It’s a fraud

    20 February 2026

    A journalist from the separatist television station in Tiraspol is implicated in contract killings in Ukraine.

    20 February 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    DISINFO.MD
    • Moldova
    • Foreign Affairs
    • Reviews
    • Analysis
    • Stopfake
    • English
      • Romanian
    DISINFO.MD
    Prima pagină » Revelations from the first days of war: „Zelenski called me from the bunker.” What he asked of Stoltenberg and why the former NATO chief said no.
    Foreign Affairs

    Revelations from the first days of war: “Zelenski called me from the bunker.” What he asked of Stoltenberg and why the former NATO chief said no.

    10 November 2025
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email VKontakte Telegram WhatsApp Copy Link
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Copy Link

    The former NATO Secretary General, Jens Stoltenberg, spoke about a complicated moment at the beginning of the Russian invasion in Ukraine, when NATO refused to impose a no-fly zone over Ukraine, despite the requests of President Zelenski. Stoltenberg says, in a statement from his memoirs, quoted by The Sunday Times, that Zelenski called him from a bunker in Kiev to ask for this.

    In his memoirs, the former NATO chief remembers the “painful moment” in February 2022 when he rejected the desperate request of Volodimir Zelenski to impose a no-fly zone in Ukraine.

    Stoltenberg also said that he feared that this conversation could have been the last with Volodimir Zelenski and that the West was afraid for the life of the Ukrainian president.

    “He called me from a bunker in Kiev, when Russian tanks were across the street. He told me – ‘I can accept that you don’t send NATO ground troops, even though I disagree. But at least close the airspace. Stop the planes, drones, and Russian helicopters from flying and attacking us'”, the former NATO Secretary General recounted.

    Stoltenberg also remembered that NATO had previously closed airspace over certain countries during past conflicts – for example in Bosnia or Iraq. But in response to Zelenski, Stoltenberg said it was not possible.

    Zelenski even gave the example of Bosnia during the war in Yugoslavia, to support his request to Stoltenberg.

    He explained to the Ukrainian president that closing the airspace in Ukraine would have required NATO to attack and destroy the air defense systems in Belarus and Russia, because otherwise Western fighter planes would not have been able to operate safely in Ukraine, being targeted by Russian missiles.

    Details, HERE

    #dezvăluiri #discussions #invasion #Rusia #zelenski Jens Stoltenberg Ucraina
    Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email VKontakte Telegram Copy Link WhatsApp

    Related Posts

    Who would be the journalist from Transnistria, detained in the case of the Ukrainians’ contract killings

    20 February 2026

    A journalist from the separatist television station in Tiraspol is implicated in contract killings in Ukraine.

    20 February 2026

    Convicted for leaflets with anti-Putin messages, he died in detention

    20 February 2026

    Nationalization halted in court: a new case where a Russian billionaire saves his assets

    20 February 2026

    Who would be the journalist from Transnistria, detained in the case of the Ukrainians’ contract killings

    20 February 2026

    Images of Sandu and Snegur, used by scammers to promote false “investments”. Authorities warn: It’s a fraud

    20 February 2026

    A journalist from the separatist television station in Tiraspol is implicated in contract killings in Ukraine.

    20 February 2026

    The EU Ambassador and the Bulgarian one have slammed the door in the face of Șor’s man, who remained in charge of Taraclia.

    20 February 2026

    Convicted for leaflets with anti-Putin messages, he died in detention

    20 February 2026
    DISINFO.MD
    © 2026 Disinfo. All Rights Reserved. Dezvoltat de Disinfo.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.