Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Germany offers 50 million euros for the repair of the sarcophagus of Reactor 4 at Chernobyl, hit by Russian drones.

    21 August 2026

    Putin ordered the exhumation of a prince’s relics to send them to the front in Ukraine. He went to see them too: “They are miraculous”

    21 August 2026

    Tough message from Brussels after the drone destroyed in the Black Sea. Ursula von der Leyen: “This is a form of hybrid war”

    21 August 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    DISINFO.MD
    • Moldova
    • Foreign Affairs
    • Reviews
    • Analysis
    • Stopfake
    • English
      • Romanian
    DISINFO.MD
    Prima pagină » After the Belgians, Trump has also seriously upset the Italians. The way he angered Meloni and how the Government in Rome reacted
    Foreign Affairs

    After the Belgians, Trump has also seriously upset the Italians. The way he angered Meloni and how the Government in Rome reacted

    7 July 2026
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email VKontakte Telegram WhatsApp Copy Link
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Copy Link

    Italy refuses to respond to Trump, after the US president requested a “restraining order” against Meloni. The announcement from the diplomacy in Rome comes at a time when NATO leaders are preparing for an official meeting in Turkey, which Donald Trump will also attend.

    Italy will no longer respond to the provocative remarks of the US president, stated on Tuesday the foreign minister Antonio Tajani in an interview for La Stampa newspaper. Trump “speaks for himself,” said the Italian official.

    “We have a US president who likes to provoke, especially on social networks. We have decided not to respond to these remarks, so as not to fuel disputes among our allies. We are and will remain friends of the United States, our strategic partner and of Europe”, the official said.

    The reaction of the Italian diplomacy comes shortly after Donald Trump mocked the head of the Italian government, Giorgia Meloni. “She needs a restraining order,” wrote Donald Trump, Sunday evening, on his Truth Social account, alongside a picture where he appears next to Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni, reports hotnews.ro.

    The misunderstandings between the two arose against the backdrop of managing crises in the Middle East and Iran, Trump’s criticisms of Pope Leon, and also Italy’s distancing from some American requests within NATO.

    Last month, Meloni, a former Trump supporter, accused the White House leader of fabricating a story, after he claimed in an interview that she “begged him to take a picture together” during the G7 summit and that he only agreed “out of pity”.

    Previously, Trump had provoked the fury of Belgian politicians, because he called the FIFA president and asked him to suspend the red card for an American forward, as he considered it unfair.

    Italy Melons order President of the USA prime minister restriction
    Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email VKontakte Telegram Copy Link WhatsApp

    Related Posts

    Germany offers 50 million euros for the repair of the sarcophagus of Reactor 4 at Chernobyl, hit by Russian drones.

    21 August 2026

    Putin ordered the exhumation of a prince’s relics to send them to the front in Ukraine. He went to see them too: “They are miraculous”

    21 August 2026

    Tough message from Brussels after the drone destroyed in the Black Sea. Ursula von der Leyen: “This is a form of hybrid war”

    21 August 2026

    A new military camp for NATO troops will be built in a Baltic country. When will it be ready

    21 August 2026

    Germany offers 50 million euros for the repair of the sarcophagus of Reactor 4 at Chernobyl, hit by Russian drones.

    21 August 2026

    Putin ordered the exhumation of a prince’s relics to send them to the front in Ukraine. He went to see them too: “They are miraculous”

    21 August 2026

    Tough message from Brussels after the drone destroyed in the Black Sea. Ursula von der Leyen: “This is a form of hybrid war”

    21 August 2026

    A new military camp for NATO troops will be built in a Baltic country. When will it be ready

    21 August 2026

    The Vatican sends a high-ranking cleric to Moscow for discussions with Sergey Lavrov regarding the war in Ukraine

    21 August 2026
    DISINFO.MD
    © 2026 Disinfo. All Rights Reserved. Dezvoltat de Disinfo.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.