Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Germany offers 50 million euros for the repair of the sarcophagus of Reactor 4 at Chernobyl, hit by Russian drones.

    21 August 2026

    Putin ordered the exhumation of a prince’s relics to send them to the front in Ukraine. He went to see them too: “They are miraculous”

    21 August 2026

    Tough message from Brussels after the drone destroyed in the Black Sea. Ursula von der Leyen: “This is a form of hybrid war”

    21 August 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    DISINFO.MD
    • Moldova
    • Foreign Affairs
    • Reviews
    • Analysis
    • Stopfake
    • English
      • Romanian
    DISINFO.MD
    Prima pagină » CCN: The meeting between Rubio and Lavrov has been postponed. Officials have different expectations regarding peace in Ukraine.
    Foreign Affairs

    CCN: The meeting between Rubio and Lavrov has been postponed. Officials have different expectations regarding peace in Ukraine.

    22 October 2025
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email VKontakte Telegram WhatsApp Copy Link
    11/07/2025 MALAYSIA, KUALA LUMPUR - JULY 11, 2025: Russia's Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov (R) and United States Secretary of State Marco Rubio chat ahead of the East Asia Summit (EAS) Foreign Ministers' Meeting POLITICA Europa Press/Contacto/Russian Foreign Ministry Pre
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Copy Link

    The meeting scheduled for this week between the US Secretary of State, Mark Rubio, and the Russian Foreign Minister, Sergey Lavrov, has been postponed for the time being, reports BBC News citing CNN, which quotes sources.

    It is not clear why, but one of the sources told CNN that Rubio and Lavrov, who spoke on the phone on Monday, have different expectations regarding the end of the war in Ukraine. It is also unclear how this could affect the schedule of the summit between Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump, but, according to CNN, Rubio and Lavrov might have another phone conversation during this week.

    Rubio and Lavrov were supposed to hold talks ahead of the meeting in Budapest between the US President, Donald Trump, and the Russian President, Vladimir Putin.

    Now, CNN writes, “President Donald Trump’s hopes for a quick meeting with Vladimir Putin may be in question”.

    “You can’t postpone what was not agreed upon”, the Russian Foreign Ministry responded to the CNN publication about the postponement of the meeting between Lavrov and Rubio, writes Meduza Live.

    “What some Western sources wrote yesterday was not confirmed by us. We didn’t even have a preliminary understanding of the terms or place of such a meeting”, said the deputy Russian foreign minister, Sergey Ryabkov.

    He added that “the importance of such an event [the meeting] is very high” and that it requires careful preparation. “And that’s exactly what we’re doing. Yesterday, the minister had a phone conversation with the Secretary of State, dedicated to this subject”, Ryabkov specified.

    Trump and Putin spoke on the phone last week, on the eve of the visit of the Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to Washington. The White House leader expressed hope that the meeting with Putin could contribute to ending the war in Ukraine. The two agreed to organize a personal meeting in Budapest, preceded by direct negotiations between Rubio and Lavrov, notes BBC News.

    "#meeting" #lavrov #Rubio
    Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email VKontakte Telegram Copy Link WhatsApp

    Related Posts

    Germany offers 50 million euros for the repair of the sarcophagus of Reactor 4 at Chernobyl, hit by Russian drones.

    21 August 2026

    Putin ordered the exhumation of a prince’s relics to send them to the front in Ukraine. He went to see them too: “They are miraculous”

    21 August 2026

    Tough message from Brussels after the drone destroyed in the Black Sea. Ursula von der Leyen: “This is a form of hybrid war”

    21 August 2026

    A new military camp for NATO troops will be built in a Baltic country. When will it be ready

    21 August 2026

    Germany offers 50 million euros for the repair of the sarcophagus of Reactor 4 at Chernobyl, hit by Russian drones.

    21 August 2026

    Putin ordered the exhumation of a prince’s relics to send them to the front in Ukraine. He went to see them too: “They are miraculous”

    21 August 2026

    Tough message from Brussels after the drone destroyed in the Black Sea. Ursula von der Leyen: “This is a form of hybrid war”

    21 August 2026

    A new military camp for NATO troops will be built in a Baltic country. When will it be ready

    21 August 2026

    The Vatican sends a high-ranking cleric to Moscow for discussions with Sergey Lavrov regarding the war in Ukraine

    21 August 2026
    DISINFO.MD
    © 2026 Disinfo. All Rights Reserved. Dezvoltat de Disinfo.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.