Close Menu

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    Maia Sandu: We hope that the formal decision regarding Moldova’s accession to the EU will be taken in the coming weeks.

    22 May 2026

    Igor Grosu urges Transnistrians not to be enticed by Putin’s promises: “He has nothing to do with you”

    22 May 2026

    Flowers from Armenia are subject to restrictions in Russia, and traders warn of price increases.

    22 May 2026
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    DISINFO.MD
    • Moldova
    • Foreign Affairs
    • Reviews
    • Analysis
    • Stopfake
    • English
      • Romanian
    DISINFO.MD
    Prima pagină » One of the world’s largest refineries was shut down following a drone attack coming from Iran.
    Foreign Affairs

    One of the world’s largest refineries was shut down following a drone attack coming from Iran.

    11 March 2026
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email VKontakte Telegram WhatsApp Copy Link
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email Copy Link

    The Ruwais refinery in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), one of the largest in the world, suspended its production on Tuesday following a drone attack in the area, according to a source close to the case, amid concerns from the Persian Gulf oil monarchies.

    Iran retaliates in the war launched on February 28 by the United States and Israel, targeting American interests in the region, but also civil infrastructures – energy and port facilities.

    The Ruwais facility – operated by the national company Adnoc – was forced to interrupt its activity as a “precaution,” a source close to the case told AFP, writes News.

    Authorities had previously announced a fire in the industrial area, without specifying exactly where.

    “As we were about to leave, we saw flames rising from the complex and heard loud noises resembling explosions,” said a driver, who came to pick up the evacuated staff from the refinery, under the protection of anonymity.

    On the 11th day of the War in the Middle East, the boss of the Saudi hydrocarbon giant Aramco, Amin Nasser, expressed his concern, on the occasion of the publication on Tuesday of the group’s annual results.

    He insisted on a resumption of maritime traffic in the strategic Strait of Hormuz – de facto controlled by the Iranian power – transited by a fifth of the world’s oil and liquefied natural gas (LNG) production.

    #atac #drone #iran #Middle East #razboi #refinery #Ruwais #United Arab Emirates
    Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email VKontakte Telegram Copy Link WhatsApp

    Related Posts

    Flowers from Armenia are subject to restrictions in Russia, and traders warn of price increases.

    22 May 2026

    Indefinite confiscations in Russia: The Constitutional Court supports the new tool for property redistribution

    22 May 2026

    From the school desk to drone operator: Russia offers extra points to students

    22 May 2026

    Blow to the energy sector: a significant Russian refinery loses half of its capacity

    22 May 2026

    Maia Sandu: We hope that the formal decision regarding Moldova’s accession to the EU will be taken in the coming weeks.

    22 May 2026

    Igor Grosu urges Transnistrians not to be enticed by Putin’s promises: “He has nothing to do with you”

    22 May 2026

    Flowers from Armenia are subject to restrictions in Russia, and traders warn of price increases.

    22 May 2026

    Indefinite confiscations in Russia: The Constitutional Court supports the new tool for property redistribution

    22 May 2026

    From the school desk to drone operator: Russia offers extra points to students

    22 May 2026
    DISINFO.MD
    © 2026 Disinfo. All Rights Reserved. Dezvoltat de Disinfo.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.